• Ancient Chinese form of medicine which uses needles to stimulate energy along the meridians of the body.
• Used to alleviate pain and treat physical, mental and emotional ailments. For more see acupuncture at wikipedia.
• Statement, declaration or pronouncement
• In the context of metaphysical beliefs, people repeat affirmations to themselves (or write them for themselves) in order to reprogram negative thought patterns.
• a person who does not believe, nor disbelieve, in the existence of a god or gods
• a person open-minded to the possibility of god, yet does not hold a firm belief in one or many
[ah-ka • cord]
• Etheric essence; means by which we connect with others, situations and our own three selves.
• Created by thoughts, telepathy
• Huna term analogous to ‘silver thread’ in other metaphysical philosophies
• For more see aka cord under Huna.
• Akasha, meaning sky, space aether (upper sky) in sanskrit
• Theory of the existence of a ‘library’ of sorts, on a non-physical plane, that contains all the knowledge of the universe.
• It is theorized that the Akashic Records is what psychics connect to to access information.
• Ancient form of magic/sorcery, combined with chemistry/science
• Belief that all things are made up of the four elements: earth, air, fire & water and that all matter (ie: all things made of elements) may be broken down and changed to a different form of matter.
• For more on alchemy visit: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/
• A charm or a piece of jewelry thought to protect against evil, danger, disease or negative forces
• A lucky charm or talisman
• For more on amulets visit wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amulet)
• Symbol of life, immortality, the universe, balance
• Loop represents the rising sun, ie; masculine energy; horizontal line represents horizon, or feminine energy
• For further information on ankh and other symbols, see ankh at tarotteachings.com
• Most commonly associated with practice of Reiki
• An initiation ritual which allows the person receiving the attunement to become a ‘channel’ for reiki energy
• The transferrence of an energy frequency from a Reiki Master to a Reiki Initiate