Huna is an ancient Hawaiian belief system, which largely relates to the “Law of Attraction. Huna is not a religion, but a philosophy on how to live life. There are seven basic principals, four levels of reality and three selves in this basic philosophy. (Please note that this page is still under construction and will be updated to have more complete information in the future.
Seven Basic Principals of Huna
1. The World Is What You Think It Is (Ike)
2. There are no limits (Kala)
3. Energy Flows Where Attention Goes (Makia)
4. Now Is The Moment Of Power (Manawa)
5. To Love Is To Be Happy With (someone or something) (Aloha)
6. All Power Comes From Within (Mana)
7. Effectiveness Is The Measure Of Truth (Pono)
- Scientific/Physical: Everything is objective and factual. We are bound by physical, scientific laws.
- Subjective/Psychic: All things are connected, the world is defined not only by facts but by psychic and/or telepathic experiences
- Symbolic/Shamanic/Dream: All of our experiences can be viewed and interpreted as symbolic, as a dream.
- Holistic/Mystical: Everything in the universe is one. Everything is made up of energy, and all energy is connected.
- Ku: The subconscious
- Lono: The conscious mind
- Kane (or Aumakua): The superconscious or “higher self.”