COYOTE AS A SPIRIT GUIDE
When Coyote crosses your path:
- Ease up. Stop taking things so seriously.
- Stop complicating things. Don’t try to fight the situation, adapt to it.
- Don’t berate yourself for mistakes, learn from them. Accept wisdom learned as a gift.
Think about Coyote:
Cleaver and adaptable, the coyote survives. When hunting, they hunt in pairs, using a relay cooperative effort. One chases while one rests. Their family unit is close-knit and many mate for life. They look out for and protect each other, yet they are playful and want to have fun. While looked at as a pest by many, coyotes still have a sociable nature, wit and cleverness.
- Move beyond embarrassment of foolish acts
- Become more sociable and accepting of your child within
- Accept your idiosyncracies with humor, rather than shame
- Find the wisdom from your mistakes or missteps
Coyote medicine teaches us:
- To take things less seriously
- To forgive ourselves for our mistakes
- To ‘go with the flow’ rather than fight or run from a situation
Other animal spirit guides: